cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 11

Bandwidth Monitor - Seperate Up and Down

I have a 3MB link for our internet connection both up and down. I want an alert for when the full 3MB is taken for either up or down. This issue is that ipMonitor combines the values. So if I set the threshold at 3MB and the current link utilization is 1.5MB up and 2MB down, the threshold is met because total throughput is at 3.5MB when in actuality I have 1.5MB free for uploads and 1MB free for downloads.

Any way around this?

-Charles S
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Level 7

I would like this also.

0 Kudos
Level 13

Hello Teecee,

In order to add you to the Feature Request and notify you if and when it becomes available, we will need you to submit a case at http://www.solarwinds.com/support/ticket.  You can also open a case, like Chaldz did, by calling the Solarwinds Support Department at 866.530.8040.

Thanks in advance.

Chris Foley

0 Kudos
Level 9

I would really appreciate if any one can answer this

If NMS shows switches interface is Transmitting 100 Mbps, what I would consider overall link utilization would be 50 % or 100 %??

0 Kudos
Level 13

Hi Chaldz,

This is currently a feature request.  I have created a case for you and attached it to the feature request in question.  I will notify you if and when this is implemented within a future build.

Sincerely,

Chris Foley

0 Kudos
Level 11

Has this been addressed in version 10?

0 Kudos