This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Audible Alarm - IPMonitor 9

Hi,

We require an audible alarm to go off when we lose a site. At the moment we have an email alert that goes out when we lose a site.

If we enable the Audio alarm for the NOC screen, it goes off everytime the page refreshes. We only want it to go off once, when the site initially goes down.

I tried using the executable feature under Alerts to run a script that will play a sound on our Wall Display PC. This doesn't work but the script does work if run manually. I am not sure if the executable feature under alerts, runs a program on the IPMonitor Server or the remote machine that has gone down.

I am sure someone must have got a sinle alarm to go off when a site goes down. Can anyone offer any advice on this? Is there an easier way to do it? At the moment, I have a script on the IPMonitor Server that will play a sound on the wall display. The script uses PSEXEC to execute the command on the wall display PC.

Any help would be very helpful and much appreciated.