cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 7

Audible Alarm - IPMonitor 9

Hi,

We require an audible alarm to go off when we lose a site. At the moment we have an email alert that goes out when we lose a site.

If we enable the Audio alarm for the NOC screen, it goes off everytime the page refreshes. We only want it to go off once, when the site initially goes down.

I tried using the executable feature under Alerts to run a script that will play a sound on our Wall Display PC. This doesn't work but the script does work if run manually. I am not sure if the executable feature under alerts, runs a program on the IPMonitor Server or the remote machine that has gone down.

I am sure someone must have got a sinle alarm to go off when a site goes down. Can anyone offer any advice on this? Is there an easier way to do it? At the moment, I have a script on the IPMonitor Server that will play a sound on the wall display. The script uses PSEXEC to execute the command on the wall display PC.

Any help would be very helpful and much appreciated.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Level 9

The alarm will go off every time the page is refreshed. I believe the feature was built assuming the user would fix the issue.  Will contact dev about this and get it on their radar.

0 Kudos

I understand that it is designed to go off until the alarm is dealt with but we would like an alarm to draw our attention just once.

Is there not a way we can get IPMonitor to call a script or run a command when an alert is triggered? Surely there is a way to do this with the current features?

0 Kudos

I hope this isn't just going to be pushed off to the Development team. Surely there are features in IPMonitor that would allow us to get something working?

Is there not a feature to run a remote program when an alert is activated?

0 Kudos

Hello Tribeca-IT,

I found the following article for Orion:

http://knowledgebase.solarwinds.com/kb/questions/3115/Enabling+audible+alerts+%28Play+a+Sound+action...

Can you try triggering the batch file referenced in this article using the External Process Action and see if it works.

Let me know.

Thank you.

Chris Foley | Support Representative
SolarWinds | IT Management, Inspired By You
Support:866.530.8040 || Fax:512.857.0125

0 Kudos