This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Accessing Device "Primary IP" field in NOC view (or other device list)

I would love to be able to add the "Primary IP" field from each of my Device properties to my NOC view which shows the status of devices on the network in a list format.

I just don't seem to be able to find it in the field chooser.

Am I just being blind?  Is there a way I can access this field in some sort of list view of my devices?

Kind Regards,

Andrew McKenzie

• Hi Andrew,

best option is to use device properties, which you can see when you click on Popup XML in Edit Device view. You should see XML file with different properties and one of the is IP address enclosed in ip tag, which will be nested in props tag.

<group>

<id>503869514457</id>

<typeid>3899973</typeid>

<nv>

<ui>

<name>machine.in.my.network.dummy.com</name>

</ui>

</nv>

<tags>

<tag>

<name>createdate</name>

<value>Jan/16/2013/14:13:14</value>

</tag>

</tags>

<props>

<sysdesc></sysdesc>

<location></location>

<fqdn>machine.in.my.network.dummy.com</fqdn>

<vendor></vendor>

<ip>10.1.2.10</ip>

<sysname>machine</sysname>

<type>unknown</type>

</props>

Then when adding a new field to NOC view, in Field settings choose Value Kind of Configuration Setting and use XML path to the ip address, which is "props/ip" in our case.

Hope that helps,

Peter

• Thanks sooooo much.

This did the trick.   I was able to use the same XML tag to populate a new field in the Page Settings area in my system.

This also gives me some new ideas emoticons_happy.png

You get the "Yo da man" award for today!!

I will feed this solution back to Solarwinds support.

Cheers

Andrew