cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 9

Abilitity to Mass edit Device Properties

Having the Abilitity to mass edit Device Properties.   I have over 100 pieces of equipment that don't seem to be pulling "Device Type", "Vendor" etc.  Having to modify each one is taking forever it would be nice to mass edit them.  I noticed those attributes are listed as read only.

Is there any way to work around this?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Level 18

Just to confirm, for the devices that don't seem to be pulling the device attributes you expect, is SNMP enabled?   If so, could you provide us with a list of a few of the devices/vendors so we could investigate further.

In the meantime, I'm checking with dev on this one to see if there's a workaround.

0 Kudos

They are all Dell Servers with SNMP enabled its kind of querky it pulls fine on a few but not on the majority.  Right now I am going thru one by one(not the end of the world).

Our servers are Dell PowerEdge 2800's.

Thanks 🙂 

0 Kudos

Thanks for the device info.  We'll look into why this isn't showing up.    Matt, our ipMonitor dev lead came through with a  brilliant workaround:

1. Perform an export in the system settings window just selecting devices / groups
  2. Copy the XML into text editor
  3. Modify data in the vendor tag using search and replace
  4. Import the XML

Let me know how this works for you.

0 Kudos

Sweet worked like a charm.

Thanks Guys 🙂 

0 Kudos

Great!   We're still trying to understand why the attribute discovery would work for some devices and not others.  Can you confirm that the devices failing had the same SNMP community string (or SNMP enabled)? 

0 Kudos