Press Release: SolarWinds Participates in 2017 Army Cyber Quest Exercise
SolarWinds Participates in 2017 Army Cyber Quest Exercise
Company demonstrates solutions to combat system and network issues during multi-week initiative hosted by the Army Cyber Center of Excellence
HERNDON, Virginia – July 05, 2017 – SolarWinds, a leading provider of powerful and affordable IT management software, today announced it has participated in Cyber Quest 2017, a multi-week exercise in cyber and electronic warfare exploration and collaboration hosted by the Army Cyber Center of Excellence (CCoE) in Fort Gordon, Georgia. SolarWinds’ participation included on-site demonstrations of its network and systems monitoring, IT security, and database management products through live, virtual, or constructed scenarios similar to those experienced by the warfighter.
This year’s annual Army Cyber Quest exercise was held between June 5 and June 30, 2017 and assists the CCoE in identifying emerging technologies from government, industry, and academia and then assessing those technologies against associated Army-required capabilities. It aims to promote collaboration across industry partners and encourage results-oriented outcomes to help improve some of the unique challenges faced by our warfighters.
“SolarWinds shares the same goals as the Army CCoE, which is to partner government with industry leaders to ensure that the latest technologies are available to our warfighters,” said David Kimball, senior vice president, federal and national government, SolarWinds. “We’re honored to have been a part of this unique event, and for the opportunity to demonstrate how our powerful solutions can help the Army simplify its task of securing, managing, and monitoring its complex systems and networks.”
The following SolarWinds® products are were tested during the Army Cyber Quest exercise:
- SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor – agentless application and server monitoring
- SolarWinds Virtualization Manager – virtual machine capacity planning and sprawl control
- SolarWinds Storage Resource Monitor – multi-vendor storage performance and capacity monitoring
- SolarWinds IP Address Manager – automated IP address management and IP alerting, troubleshooting, and reporting
- SolarWinds User Device Tracker – tracks endpoint devices by MAC and IP address on wired and wireless networks
SolarWinds currently supports numerous DoD initiatives including the Army’s Warfighter information Network-Tactical (WIN-T) program, which serves as the Army’s common tactical communications network backbone that enables mission command and secure reliable voice, video, and data communications. SolarWinds provides management, monitoring, and troubleshooting tools, including its Network Configuration Manager, Network Performance Monitor, NetFlow Traffic Analyzer, VoIP & Network Quality Manager, and Engineer’s Toolset products. You can read a full case study here.
SolarWinds Solutions for Government
- SolarWinds software is available on the U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) Schedule, Department of Defense ESI, and other contract vehicles.
- U.S. Government certifications and approvals include Army CoN, Air Force APL, Navy DADMS; and Technical Requirements include FIPS compatibility, DISA STIGs, and National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) compliance.
- SolarWinds also has hundreds of built-in automated compliance reports, which meet requirements of major auditing authorities, including DISA STIG, FISMA, NIST, and more.
- SolarWinds THWACK® online user community provides a number of out-of-the-box compliance report templates available to download for free, which are designed to help users prepare for an inspection. It also provides information on Smart Card and Common Access Card (CAC) product support.
- Case Study: WIN-T Deploys SolarWinds Solution to Maintain Communications with Tactical Warfighters
- Video: SolarWinds IT Management and Monitoring for Government
- Video: SolarWinds Federal Security Compliance
- eBook: An Integrated Approach to IT Troubleshooting
Questions for the federal team? Please contact:
Lisa M. Sherwin Wulf
Director of Marketing – Federal & National Government | SolarWinds
Marketing Manager, Federal| SolarWinds
SolarWinds provides powerful and affordable IT management software to customers worldwide, from Fortune 500® enterprises to small businesses, managed service providers (MSPs), government agencies, and educational institutions. We are committed to focusing exclusively on IT, MSP, and DevOps professionals, and strive to eliminate the complexity that our customers have been forced to accept from traditional enterprise software vendors. Regardless of where the IT asset or user sits, SolarWinds delivers products that are easy to find, buy, use, maintain, and scale while providing the power to address key areas of the infrastructure from on-premises to the cloud. This focus and commitment to excellence in end-to-end hybrid IT performance management has established SolarWinds as the worldwide leader in both network management software and MSP solutions, and is driving similar growth across the full spectrum of IT management software. Our solutions are rooted in our deep connection to our user base, which interacts in our THWACK online community to solve problems, share technology and best practices, and directly participate in our product development process. Learn more today at www.solarwinds.com.
The SolarWinds, SolarWinds & Design, Orion, and THWACK trademarks are the exclusive property of SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC or its affiliates, are registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, and may be registered or pending registration in other countries. All other SolarWinds trademarks, service marks, and logos may be common law marks or are registered or pending registration. All other trademarks mentioned herein are used for identification purposes only and are trademarks of (and may be registered trademarks of) their respective companies.
© 2017 SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. All rights reserved.