cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gamification - Scrolling Through Points Leader Board

I really enjoy the points based system, earning badges and gaining new levels. I would like to request a scroll-able leaderboard page. In the current view i can see the people near me but I want to see the points difference for people who are in 100 above me or maybe the top 1000 or top 100, etc. I know I can see the top 10 but their points are crazy high so I'm wondering what it would take to maybe crack the Top 100?

For this feature I picture being able to click on the "My Rank" button and being taken to a new page that contains a scrolling list of users. I understand that there may be too many users to load a once but maybe there could be a "load more" clickable option at the top or bottom on the list depending on which way you want to go.

Once this is setup it sets the stage for adding a number of additional features like:

• Up/Down arrows to show if you have moved up or down in the over all ranking
  • Colour coding of users to show which ones have been active in the last week or month
  • Chart showing the biggest movers of the week (position wise or point wise)
  • sub charts showing who answered the most questions, surveys, most helpful responses, most badges, most new badges

There are a ton of options that can come off this one new page.

12 Replies
wluther
Level 16

Re: Gamification - Scrolling Through Points Leader Board

terryedwards519

All good ideas.

+1 vote from me.

0 Kudos
mrs.alterego
Level 13

terryedwards519‌ - this is awesome! Thanks for the feedback! Keep 'em coming! I'm already planning projects for Q4...of course, no promises!

vjerez4129
Level 13

I like the ideas too i love trying to earn as many points as possible too. it makes it feel like i'm leveling up as a network admin and the monthly challenges are like the special event quests that last a month

kdeal
Level 10

me too!  I was just trying to figure out the approximate rank I'll be after completing this months mission.  Can't do that if I can't see more than a few people ahead of me. (most of whom haven't logged in in months)

jokerfest
Level 12

Competition leads to motivation - I like it.

alexis
Level 7

Yes, that's great.
Many of these gaming concepts work also wonderfully for data visualisation and interactive infographics (and what other else you want to call them depending on your specific vernacular).

ZibaK
Level 12

I am all for it!  Human being nature is all for recognition!

0 Kudos
tallyrich
Level 15

I vote yes as well.

I'm less in competition with others here - it's more about motivating myself to always be gaining points. I try to set a goal for xx points this week, then proceed to do the contest and look for missions that I can work on. That said, I do like looking at where I am on the list Level 14 #128 @kweise I'm coming for you!

techbender
Level 10

One thing I've noticed with the leader boards is that for some reason some of the ranks get skipped. I don't know what happened but some point within the past 3 days as of this post my rank went from 155 to 192. Can't help but think something is broken with the leader boards.

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos