We use Office365 for our email system here. Quite often, though with seemingly no pattern, I get emails from Web Help Desk telling me:
Subject: Error Processing E-Mail
Unable to connect to the Incoming Mail Account 'email@example.com' due to the following error:
"Error while contacting mailbox: The helpdesk was able to make a connection with the Exchange web server, but a timeout occurred while attempting to retrieve the Exchange folder list. Please see FAQ for more information.
Please send any Exchange-related support questions to firstname.lastname@example.org."
When these error happen, I will get an email every two minutes. I can login to this Office365 account when this is happening, so the account is not unreachable. Emails from WebHelpDesk's ticketing system still go out. I have tried some of the Advanced E-Mail Properties, but they don't seem to help.
Sometimes when I look at the Email settings, both are green. Sometimes not. Like right now. I'm currently logged into this email account. So I know it is online despite the little red light saying it is not.
Here are my email settings. If anyone is using Office365 and NOT getting these errors, I'd love to know how you have these settings configured.
As Justin says increase the email timeout as office 365 is horribly prone to timeout issues, set it to at least 180
Changing the timeout to 180 has caused ticket replies to be rejected. People are now getting replies like this: "Your request to update Ticket 3536 could not be processed because the ticket could not be located in the help desk database." So, I've set the timeout back to 60.
Good Day Solarwinders,
My company currently uses 365 and were also getting the same Error Processing E-Mail, did you mange to find a fix for this and if so how did you manage to resolve the issue in the end?
We were getting the same thing, it was a nonstop of errors from helpdesk:
Unable to connect to the Incoming Mail Account 'ithelpdesk@MYENTERPRISE.com' due to the following error:
Mind you this was working fine up until about a week ago. I started to investigate on helpdesk through the logs and the event errors. It was due to intermittent connection failure of SSL communications with our email host server we use (intermedia). I noticed that we were trying to connect using POP mail with SSL. I changed our email communications on the helpdesk system from POP to Exchange communication instead to get to intermedia.
This change corrected the email communications errors we have been having with helpdesk.
SolarWinds solutions are rooted in our deep connection to our user base in the THWACK® online community. More than 150,000 members are here to solve problems, share technology and best practices, and directly contribute to our product development process. Learn more today by joining now.