cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

What variables are available for e-mail generated tickets?

I am trying to have an automated system create tickets via e-mail.  I would like to know if I can set variables by formatting the e-mail a specific way.

One useful field to be able to set is the CC field so specific users get notified about updates to tickets that are created.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 11

Re: What variables are available for e-mail generated tickets?

Here is what is documented as the complete list of tags that can be used.

Apply your tags in email templates

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Thanks for the reply Jeff.

I believe that those are the variables for outgoing e-mails.  I want to know what variables are parsed from incoming e-mails.

I know the following triggers for variables exist from the subject line.

Ticket:

Action:

Hidden:

EmailClient:

Reassign:

MinutesWorked:

BillingRate:

Are their others?

What Actions are allowed?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11

You could use action rules and trigger off of almost anything you could think of if you can find it under the criteria section.

An example of a cc: option could be to setup an action that looks like this:

Criteria -> Request contains: notify Admins

Actions -> Modify ticket: set the cc: email1@domain.com, email2@domain.com, etc...

0 Kudos
Level 8

Hi Jeff,

Thanks again for the reply.

I can't use a static action rule because I don't know the e-mail address to CC.  It would be in the incoming e-mail somewhere (I can format this any way I want).  Right now a technician has to manually look at the request detail then copy and paste the email address into the CC.  I would like to do this automatically so that the CCed user knows that the ticket was created before a technician has even looked at it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11

Everything I could find indicated what you already see as the usable items from a subject line.  Maybe bshopp​ or someone else at SWI could potentially let us know if there any other options for variables on the incoming email.  Sorry I wasn't able to get an answer for you that I could find.

-j_a_catlin

Loop1 Systems: SolarWinds Training and Professional Services

0 Kudos