Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Highlighted
Product Manager
Product Manager

Web Help Desk 12.7.1 is now Generally Available

I’m pleased to announce the General Availability of Web Help Desk (WHD) 12.7.1 on the Customer Portal

This release includes all the enhancements in 12.7 along with numerous defect fixes, which you can see discussed and outlined in the WHD 12.7.1 Release Notes.

We appreciate folks patience while we worked on this service release and the team is already turning their attention to some new items which we will be discussing soon.

Please share any input and feedback!

26 Replies
Highlighted
Level 12

Re: Web Help Desk 12.7.1 is now Generally Available

Thanks for letting us know. Do you have the Release Notes in PDF format for those who are not on-line, I can see the Installation Guide and Administration Manual in PDF in Sucess Center but not the Release Notes.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

I've heard complaints since upgrading this morning that clients and or techs add notes to their tickets and nothing is added to the ticket.  I then go back into the same ticket and add a note and it works fine.  Has anyone else seen this?  Is it possible to roll back without loosing all the new work done by techs today?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Isn't this related to a change in a workflow how the notes are created? In client UI it is now necessary to click a plus button so that the note is saved. It would be great if you shared more details.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

So I was getting complaints from one tech and one client, I just sat with both to see what was happening.  It looks like both were accessing tickets using the client interface, not the tech side.  They added a note to the ticket, but clicked save at the bottom without clicking the + button to append the note to the ticket.  So it looks like it is a workflow update / change on the client side (I don't use that side much).  I can tell the few people that use the client side to update tickets to be sure to click the + button to append the notes.

Beyond that change it seems to be working for us.  Thank you guys.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thanks fro the feedback.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 14

Here is your documentation on that change

Success Center

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

I appreciate it, have a nice day!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

That's an odd way to handle the action of adding a new comment - I haven't seen it in action, but what is the problem they were solving by doing it this way?  Just seems guaranteed to cause problems.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

I agree, this is a major change away from any other new Detail being added to Tickets. What is the point of the Save Button then at the bottom, anyone know?

0 Kudos