This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

We have been utilizing SQL Server Query Store for dissecting question execution

We have been utilizing SQL Server Query Store for dissecting question execution. So far it has worked out really well and it's free. Have any one utilized solarwind's DPA apparatus for execution examination? Assuming this is the case, would you be able to share upsides and downsides and how it analyzes to SQL Server query store?

• I wouldn't say this is a solid apples to apples comparison vs. DPA.  DPA is multi-database meaning SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, etc.  There may be overlap in some of the data is collects, but I would argue that DPA is more complete if you will in bubbling this data up into actionable information.  I would recommend if you haven't, take DPA for a trial and compare for yourself vs. my thoughts and opinions.  You can also check out the online demo if you don't want to evaluate at this point here - DPA - Login Page