Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 7

WHD - Dameware Integration Question

Jump to solution

Hello,

We're looking at using at using WHD and have had some very good feedback thus far on the demo. So far, the only thing I've run into is the Dameware integration piece. When we try to connect to an asset from WHD via the Dameware link, it's failing because the DWRC protocol isn't associated to the mini remote control. I see in 2012 Solarwinds had you use CustomURL to associate the application to the protocol, add the icon, etc.. We're currently using the most recent version of Dameware in a Central Server setup and I'm curious if we still need to use CustomURL or is the current version of Dameware supposed to be install the protocol association?

May there be coffee in your future.

Joshua

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Level 15

There is native integration between WHD and Dameware. First ensure you have latest versions of both products and then configuration is very easy.

You can find more details about integration here: WHD 12.2 and Dameware 11.1 Beta Available!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Level 15

There is native integration between WHD and Dameware. First ensure you have latest versions of both products and then configuration is very easy.

You can find more details about integration here: WHD 12.2 and Dameware 11.1 Beta Available!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Level 7

Thank you for your response. I was able to get the protocol set and got Dameware to open from the ticket to the asset, but I do not get the integration piece to open to attach screenshots to the ticket, chat history, etc. Is there another step I'm missing?
Josh

0 Kudos
Level 15

What is the format of link you are clicking on? Can you paste it here?

Do you see any error messages?

What versions of Dameware and WHD you have?

I can imagine that you are by mistake clicking on link generated by "Other Tools Links" and not on link created by "DameWare Integration Links Enabled" feature.

0 Kudos