cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Product Manager
Product Manager

WHD 12.7 RC3 Now Available

WHD 12.7 RC3 is now available in your customer portal!

0 Kudos
42 Replies

Thanks. I am definitely watching these forums for notification of the next hotfix / patch.

0 Kudos

We are using the built in database option rather than MySQL.  The buddy drop is for MySQL so support is unable to help me with my lockups.  Their responses have dropped off now that they see my problem isn't fitting in with other's lockup issues.

0 Kudos

Do you have a reasonable guess of how far out the testing for that next update is?

0 Kudos
Level 7

12.7 is not available in the portal (it was 1 or 2 weeks ago).  I was checking to see if there have been any updates as the latest 12.7 release has given us random server software crashes.  Rebooting services don't resolve it for some reason but a reboot of the server itself does.  Is there a way to clear the internal java cache?  Are there updates to 12.7.0 - Build #12.7.0.407?  Why isn't 12.7 available in the portal now?

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Also wanted to note to this, if you happen to be using MS SQL you might be hitting a bug where if a user trys to cancel a ticket or in some cases just add a ticket note a feeze can occur, sometimes the whole instance (I was seeing this) sometimes just the user in question but if they log off/on its fine. There is Buddy Drop they are giving out if you have this issue and its in production.

0 Kudos

Currently the .407 build is the most recent but it was pulled, see conversation below on that. If you have crashing you really need to open a ticket with support.

0 Kudos
Level 14

On HIgh DPI devices like SP 5th gen the new profile and history pages can render too large making it impossible to switch tabs. Opened SW Case 00291158 today for this. This is a blocking issue as users cant switch off those tabs without logging out.

0 Kudos

Oversized profile and history tabs seem to be confirmed as a bug but support stated they don't have Surface 5 to test with and sent to development. They resolved as bug jury but it seems I wont actually know if they can repro and if this is an browser rendering only issue or if this is an issue on high DPI machines unless I reopen the case. Can anyone else repro this?

0 Kudos
Level 12

Client interface again...

Can we have the order of the client interface notes in the reverse order, like in the old interface so that the newest note is at the top, also the add new note box needs to be at the top, as after 32 notes you have to scroll forever to get to that box

I also want the notes background color back ! Blue for a tech note, yellow for client note, green for a solution !!!

Still can't download attachments to tickets (and deleting them would be useful)...

pastedImage_0.png

Anyone know if this was fixed in the final release? Not sure I want to upgrade if this reverse sorting and colored note types are back.

0 Kudos

nope not fixed in final release for 12.7

0 Kudos

I will second the request on the note background colors. If you have a ticket with many notes and you don't have that it gets annoying to know who is saying what.

0 Kudos
Level 12

In the client interface, when I Edit the email address, then save, then go back to the profile tab it's blank (the whole profile doesn't appear), with a red empty progress message in the top right of the screen

If I change the email address back to what is was in the tech interface, I can then view the profile okay again within the client interface...

0 Kudos
Level 12

In the client interface, if you create a ticket and enter a CC email address and tick enabled, when you go back into history for that ticket it is unticked.

Even when you tick it again in history is doesn't remain ticked, as there is no save button to confirm.

pastedImage_0.png

hey Solarwinds - has anyone really tested this interface !!

0 Kudos
Level 12

RSS newsfeed for FAQ still broken:
If you point your RSS newsfeed script/app/tool/browser at the above URL then you should be able to get a list of the current public FAQs.. alas it's not working as expected....
Any FAQs that have been added or edited don't get placed back in the RSS newsfeed. Any previous ones that did appear get removed once they have been edited.

You can view the RSS newfeed for WHD by looking at the Demo webiste:

https://webhelpdesk.demo.solarwinds.com/helpdesk/WebObjects/Helpdesk.woa/wa/FaqActions/rss?type=rss

As soon as they/you edit the FAQs they will disappear from the newsfeed.

Come on Solarwinds fix this !

0 Kudos
Level 12

anyone noticed the size of the WHD installer for 12.7 RC3 is 500mb where as the installer for 12.6 is only 311mb, why such a large increase ?

0 Kudos

I did notice the large file size increase as well, actually assumed it was related to OpenJdK switch.

0 Kudos

I would need to double check with engineering, but I believe this is driven by now using the OpenJDK from Oracle with the recent change to Oracle Java license updates.

0 Kudos
Level 14

Loaded up RC 3 this morning. Build number shows as 12.7.0 - Build #12.7.0.388

On the profile tab both he building and department drop down lists do not scale to the width of the longest selection so it cuts off letters. I had a case open for this on RC 2 case # - 00284267 for the department listing only but it affects bot, issue does not appear to be resolved in RC 3.

If phone 2 is set to editable it appears to be showing now. So that is resolved

0 Kudos

I accessed RC 12.7 on 03/20/2019.  I would like to download RC3 .. but for some reason I can't find it (or any version of 12.7) in my customer portal.  Can you direct me to where it is? 

0 Kudos