cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sincilbanks
Level 8

Ticket Screen Layout corrupted?

We have WHD 12.5.2 installed on SQL Server 13.

Recently (within the last 2 or 3 weeks) whenever some of our PC's add a note to a ticket or sometimes use a drop down it sends the screen layout all over the place. This seems limited to specific PC's but it doesn't happen consistently on those PC's, most of the time it's shows the ticket just fine.

It doesn't seem related to the individual ticket, others can open the same ticket fine.

Anyone else seen this recently? I suspect it's some kind of browser issue from an update? We're all using Chrome here.

See attachment WHD_CSS_Issue for a sample

It's supposed to look like the image WHD_CSS_issue_correct.png

0 Kudos
5 Replies
acurrent
Level 8

Re: Ticket Screen Layout corrupted?

Does it resolve with a page refresh?

0 Kudos
sincilbanks
Level 8

Yep,

Saving the ticket or refreshing the screen fixes it.

0 Kudos
acurrent
Level 8

Pretty sure this just a bug. We upgraded recently to 12.7.1, still having this problem.

Also randomly have issues sending emails from tickets, I receive a java error and essentially have to close the ticket and open a new one.

Having issues saving tickets, pressing save brings me back to the ticket search page without saving the ticket, i have to go back into the ticket and attempt to save multiple times before it actually save.

0 Kudos

You could also try a different web browser if that happens again.

0 Kudos

Hi sincilbanks​,

This is a bug which has existed in the product for a while, likely caused by how the software was created.

There are many workarounds, such as refreshing the browser, clearing cache, or even using a different browser.

This issue is most commonly found when you have more than one tab, window or browser accessing the help desk at a time.

I am led to believe that this is being slowly and steadily reworked to use "Spring" which should alleviate the issue in the future, though there's no known timeframe or deadline for the complete change.

-Midnight

0 Kudos