This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Technicians missing Status Types in Ticket Creation/Modification

Issue: When Technicians attempt to modify a client/technician-created WHD ticket or attempt to create a new WHD ticket, they only see ( 3 ) Status Types under "Status & Schedule." Those types follow:

- Open

- Closed

- Cancelled

As an Administrator, if I go to "Setup > Tickets > Status Types," I see the following:

Type Name,

Open*

On-Hold (renamed Pending)

Closed*

Cancelled*

Resolved

* Special types; cannot be deleted.

Version: 12.1.0

I've reached out to Support and they haven't been able to identify the underlying issue. Any assistance that could be provided to resolve this would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT:

As a further bit of information:

- I just re-enabled the "default administrator" account and verified that it can not see the other Status Types - also.

Process:

- I can create 2 new Status Types named "Test 1" and "Test 2" and with default settings, they both appear.

- I rename and re-configure "Test 1" to match my "On-Hold" settings and it works - it even moves to position 2, as seen above. With this, the follow appears to Techs: Open, On-Hold, Closed, Test 2

- When I re-configure "Test 2" similar to "Resolved" except for the name, everything appears to be correct.

- I then re-name "Test 2" to "Resolved" and both "On-Hold" and "Resolved" disappear, again, and we're back to: Open, On-Hold, Closed

• So, working with Tech. Support over the last couple days, we were able to isolate the underlying issue and I've worked through the problem.

The bit of information I was missing/didn't know was the fact that when a WHD Administrator opts to modify the "Setup > Tickets > Status Types > Options" and assign particular Status Types to "Needs Approval Status Type" and "Approval Denied Status Type," it removes those as options for Technicians to use manually. So, to get around this, I created a new Status types for each of these two options and once I released "On-Hold" and "Resolved" from that assignment, they returned to my Technicians.