This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Technical function of the Tech Account assigned as a Manager of a Company?

When you setup a Company in WHD you are required to specific a Tech Account as the Manager of that Company.  What specific technical function does the Manager of the company serve within WHD?

I did look through the documentation but was unable to find the answer to this question; if it is documented please feel free to just point me to the documentation, thanks!

• Hmm.. I honestly can't figure this one out unless it is just intended as a static kind of reference for someone to contact about that Company.

I have a feeling that perhaps there was something intended about Escalation, whereby tickets could be escalated up to the Tech assigned to a Company, but the options around Escalation all seem centered around the Lead Tech specified in the Request Type definition, or around the Tech Group "Manager"  (which could be someone explicitly defined in the Tech Group or it could be the Tech associated with a Location Group instead if desired).    It would seem logical that you could choose Company Manager as an alternative for the escalation there but i see no options to do so, so now I'm hella curious, too.   emoticons_happy.png

• Thanks for checking it out, it sounds like you went through a process similiar to me and made many of the assumptions that I did.  The part that really confuses me is that it's required that you fill that out for a company.

• Wow, this was difficult to track down.

In Setup > Companies & Locations > Options, you have the option to set a Manager Precedence. Here is what the section officially states:

"Specifies which Manager will take precedence for ticket escalations if the ticket's Location is assigned to both a Company and a Location Group and the ticket's Tech Group is using Location Manager precedence."

I had to read that description a couple of times, look at this chart ( Ticket Flow ), and read the description again.

• Wow, thanks for digging that up for me, I really appreciate it!