This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Tech email notification when assigned

Does anyone know of a way to setup an email notification to a tech when the ticket has been assigned to them rather than only notification of ticket request?

Example.

Bob puts in a ticket, by default it is assigned to ITtech1, the ticket pertains to a different tech, so it is then assigned to ELECtech1. How can I set it up so when assignment is changed, the newly assigned tech gets an email notifying of a newly assigned ticket?

• This can be a per-Tech option. Under Setup > Techs > Techs, you can edit each Tech and select the option, 'Send me an e-mail when... I am assigned to a Ticket'

You might also try under Setup > Techs > Tech Groups > Tech Group Levels you can select the option to 'Force e-mail notification to: Tech'. I believe this will notify the tech on reassignment, but I'm not certain on this one.