This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Sync Custom field of NPM with Custom field in Asset in WHD

I have created custom values in NPM which is taking values from SQL. I have created the same names in WHD. But it is failing to take values. 

EG: Below is the image from the report from NPM for switches. 

Aakhib_0-1585833151997.png

And Below is the fields from the WHD. 

Aakhib_1-1585833201345.png

Can you help what am I missing here. 

Regards

Aakhib

• If the values were to update upon a sync, that would be a part of the discovery tool asset mapping settings.  You might want to check that setup to ensure the mapping is set there if it is available(Setup->Assets->Discovery Connections->Attribute Mapping tab).  I don't believe that matching the name of the custom properties automatically generates an asset map. 

In an instance I just looked at, it looks like with the NPM discovery setup there are preset values that can be mapped, but they do not appear to include custom properties as an option.  Maybe someone else can comment on how to get those listed, but I am not immediately seeing it.  If there isn't a way to, maybe putting in a feature request to have custom property asset mapping added to WHD would be the next step.

Beyond that, you could potentially do this using either the API and a windows scheduled task or potentially using a trigger on insert or update in the Orion database which could push the update the WHD database.

-j_a_catlin

Loop1 Systems: SolarWinds Training and Professional Services