This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Strip email sigatures

Hello,

Forgive me if this has been asked a 100times before but is there a way to strip email HTML signatures from automatically created tickets coming into the WHD via email?

Although I've told users not to include their signature they always include it. This makes it hard to find attachments and screen shots in new tickets as they are mixed up with the signature pictures etc

Thanks

• Yes, under Setup > Email > Options:

E-Mail Content Regular-Expression Filter
    If provided, the part of the e-mail content that matches this regular expression will be stripped out.

For example, the following expression will remove a RFC3676-style signature from the bottom of an e-mail message (i.e. a signature beginning with a separator line containing two hyphens and a space ("-- ")):

(?s)[\r\n]{1,2}-- {1,2}[\r\n]{1,2}.*$

(?s) means that the filter can apply to multiple lines at once, [\r\n]{1,2}means one or two occurrences of a newline character, .* means zero or more occurrences of any character, and $ means the end of the text.

The above will filter out a signature of the following format:

--
    Jane Doe
    jane@mycompany.com
    (555) 555-5555

For more information on regular expressions supported, click here.