This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Single Sign On (SSO)

We would like to setup single sign on in our environment, but were wondering if there is a welcome page or banner that the client will see when launching the client portal in order to identify the person logged into the system. We want to ensure that tickets created via the portal are created under the correct person's name. Any ideas or suggestions?

• Yes, take at look at mine.  It's kind of basic as far as design, I've seen some really elaborate pages especially at universities:

6-11-2015 3-00-17 PM.png

A client using the portal and sending an email will always be identified correctly provided you have accepted domains, client creation via ldap/email and a few other settings configured correctly.

• When a client is logged into the portal they see their name at the top right next to the logout button, same as techs see.

• Maybe I am using the wrong terminology. We want to switch to having staff within the network to not have to login. If this is possible, when on a shared computer, a learner will just launch webhelpdesk but we want to ensure that prior to creating a ticket, they verify the login credentials.

• As long as the right user is logged into the computer then it will be fine

• On a shared computer or kiosk, that is not necessarily true.

• I've been thinking about this and there might be a way to accomplish this.  First of all, what you're asking for is not SSO.  You may want to implement a SSO protocol but that depends on how you want clients to authenticate, be it against AD or using the WHD built in authentication method.  Here are the two options that might work:

1. Set the client log in time out to a very low value.  This method would ensure that after a predetermined period of inactivity, the portal rests to the log in page.

6-16-2015 10-41-13 AM.png

2. This method will require several steps to make work.  Enable 'Require Authentication on External Hyperlinks' in Setup > General > Authentication.  Create a FAQ of something simple like 'How to create a          ticket'  Add instructions etc to the FAQ and embed a link to the client 'Help Request' page so it's easy to get to from the FAQ.  Take the URL to that FAQ and use it for a shortcut or whatever, so that anyone      can  walk up to the kiosk, open the FAQ and in tun get forced to authenticate each and every time!

6-16-2015 10-43-03 AM.png

• Thank you for your response. I really do appreciate it.