This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Set ticket fields in WHD via email

Is it possible to use some special email formatting to allow an email to create a ticket and set different fields on the ticket?  This is something we can do with our current system so I was curious if that is possible with WHD?

• I would think you could do that with Action Rules, but it would need to be pretty specific.

IF <look for specific keyword> then change this field to <whatever you want to set the field to be>.

• I dont believe the email triggers / tags will alter or set a request type,

but there are many other things they can do if used in email templates or manually entered into an email subject line;

Action: Tech update - Adding notes
    Hidden: Yes or No for client visibility
    Email Client: if you want the clients to receive the email
    Reassign: Reassign to another tech
    Minutes worked: place minutes worked
    Billing rate: make changes to the billing rate.

On top of this, you can use the items below as a guide:

CLIENT:
    Action:Cancel - client ticket cancellation
    Action:Update - client add note
    Action:ConfirmResolution - client confirmation
    Action:RejectResolution - client confirmation

TECH:
    Action:ApproveTicket - tech approval process
    Action:DenyTicket - tech approval process
    Action:TechUpdate - tech update
    Action:TechDelete - tech delete ticket

The example in the excerpt below also show the available items that you can use to set variables in WHD via the subject line.

- Ticket:12345 Action:TechUpdate Hidden:NO Status:Pending EmailClient:NO Reassign:techemail@domain.com

Hidden: YES or NO - if the update should be visible to the client
    EmailClient: YES or NO - if an email notification should be sent to the client
    VisibleToRequester: YES or NO - if the approval answer should be visible to the client (only works for tickets with approval process)

Also to change the status of the ticket via tech email:
    - Ticket: 12345 Action:TechUpdate Hidden:NO Status:Open EmailClient:YES

Status: can be Open, Resolved, Cancelled, Closed, Pending (or any custom status that you added in WHD).

You do not need to include the other parameters such as Hidden or EmailClient. Just the ticket number and, tech update action and the status parameters are sufficient.

- Ticket: 12345 Action:TechUpdate Status:Open

Also as additional note, no space should be typed between the word "ticket:" and the number, otherwise a new ticket will be generated.

• Thanks gdoch​!  At this point I think I have what I need to cobble a solution together.  I will reach back out if I run into any problems getting my solution to work.  Thanks again!

• I confirmed with support that this is not currently possible.  There is a feature request for this HERE that I voted for.

• So this whole thread is false?   You can not format the Subject like Ticket:12345 Action:TechUpdate Status:Closed to close a ticket via email?

• I am not sure what you mean when you say "this whole thread is false".  The Correct Answer noted for the thread indicates that it isn't possible just as you indicated.