This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Schedule in ticket form under "Status and Schedule" tab

I want know, how is this field useful in the SLA.

Suppose I have a SLA of Medium ticket for 2 days and technician uses this field to change it to some other as per his understanding. 

Or what and how is this filed ideally used. Also, will this relate to the technicians schedule of work??

Suppose a tech is assigned a ticket and his schedule work hours are out of business hours how does this schedule work or will the auto assign logic re-assign it to different tech based on unavailibility.

Regards

Aakhib

• The schedule field, as far as I have seen it used, is for putting scheduled items onto the calendar.  When you look at the calendar you can see when items are scheduled per tech and any ticket with information in that schedule field will show up with ticket ID and a little other info like requestor and time period on the calendar.  I have not looked into whether or not the schedule feature ties into SLA/priority items.  

- Do you have any insight into the schedule setting having any more abilities than tying into the calendar?

-j_a_catlin

Loop1 Systems: SolarWinds Training and Professional Services

• The schedule portion of the ticket workes independently of the due date and will not affect the SLA.  The schedule is generally used for the calendar as j_a_catlin mentioned and to show anyone looking at the ticket the works scheduled completion.

For instance, let's say the ticket requires an outage, the tech could use the scheduled portion to enter the time of the outage and the proposed solution of the ticket request.  The SLA would still be in effect, so if the schedule is after the SLA window, the tech might want to put the ticket in pending status to stop time on the ticket. That's just my opinion; I don't like to count the time that the tech does not have control over.

If the technician has clicked the box that he is on vacation WHD will not auto-assign or escalate a ticket to them, if someone tries to assign the tech a ticket manually, they will not appear in the available tech list.

If the technician has scheduled work hours again, WHD will not auto-assign or escalate a ticket to the tech outside of the work schedule.  Someone could manually assign the ticket to them, but there will be an [s] at the end of there name, signifying that they have a work schedule. If the ticket is assigned or escalated to that tech outside there work schedule, it will go to there backup.  The SLA will follow the tech's schedule, not the default business zone, just like if you selected a different business zone for the tech.

Now, even though the scheduled portion of the ticket does not override the SLA due date, the due date can still be overridden in the ticket. If a tech has the permissions, they can click the radio button next to the calendar in the due date section and enter a different date and time.

If you do not want the techs to have this option, make sure they do not have the due date edit box checked in the tech permissions.