cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 12

SMS or Slack instead of Email

Jump to solution

I believe all our techs have filtered email from WHD so they never see them.

Is there a way for WHD to send an SMS on Alert Changes? I see in Tickets > Priority Types & Alerts I can set an "Email to: Tech | Super | Grp Mgr " for each Alert Level, but again, these emails get filtered.

So, wondering if instead of Email, there was a way to SMS or send to Slack?

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Level 9

Under Techs, select a tech.

Then scroll down and check "SMS E-mail enabled"

In the SMS e-mail address, enter the users SMS email address. Example: If the tech was a T-Mobile customer with the phone number 555-123-4567, their sms e-mail address would be 5551234567@tmomail.net

Here are the sms email addressed for some common carriers:

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Level 9

Under Techs, select a tech.

Then scroll down and check "SMS E-mail enabled"

In the SMS e-mail address, enter the users SMS email address. Example: If the tech was a T-Mobile customer with the phone number 555-123-4567, their sms e-mail address would be 5551234567@tmomail.net

Here are the sms email addressed for some common carriers:

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Level 12

Well, this indeed sends a text, but it sends a text on EVERY email. So when a Note is created by a client, a very long text gets sent.

I was hoping to ONLY get a text when an Alert status changes (like from Alert Level 1 to Alert Level 2). I don't want SMS on new tickets, or someone who adds a Note to a ticket.

It appears that cannot be done. 😞

0 Kudos
Level 9

To solve that problem, we set the Minimum Priority for SMS E-Mail and Minimum Alert Level for SMS E-Mail. So our techs only get SMS notification the most critical tickets.

Then under Setup > Mail > Templates > SMS Message we use the following template:

*<priority_type>* <client>  <location> Rm:<room>

<report>

Level 12

We use CellCom. From a search on the web (if anyone else is wondering), I found the SMS Gateway address is

<number>@cellcom.quiktxt.com

0 Kudos