This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Request Types and Tech Groups

I'm looking for suggestions on how to address this issue that we've had since deploying Web Help Desk.  Since WHD does not seem to allow you to set up Request Types independently of Tech Groups, we've had some confusion with who can see what tickets and "why are tickets in my tech group's queue that belong to techs who are not part of the tech group."  For instance, we have "central IT" that consists of several smaller groups--service desk, endpoint, networking, system admins, etc, and then we have another group that consists of techs responsible for a particular college within the University.  I thought using a location group would help sort things out, but there are times when someone from central IT needs to handle a certain request type but it's in one of the colleges normally handled by its tech.  What would be nice is if we were able to select a Request Type, Tech Group and Tech all independently from one another.  Is this possible, perhaps using a workaround if no direct solution exists?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can offer their suggestions!