This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Project Tickets

I have added an IT-Project ticket for those projects that may take a while to complete.  Is there a way to hide those tickets or have a separate column just for certain ticket types?  

Thanks for any help you might have.

Vicki H

• hmm.. i'm not aware of a way to exclude a particular Request Type from one of the default views (like My Tickets or Group Tickets)  ... and I'm assuming that's what you're talking about.

One workaround, though, would be to create a Query (Tickets --> Search Tickets --> Advanced Search tab) that excludes those Request Types (or Tech Groups or whatever you don't want to see:whd1.png
      If you save that query, you can then run that anytime you want when you are on a "normal" view just by choosing it from the Query box at the top of the view:

whd2.png

...and in that example, to go back to the regular view on Group Tickets you would just clear the query box at the top.

​Bonus​: you could then also use that query as the basis for a Dashboard widget if you wanted to.

• You could create a new status type for project tickets, have a action rule which sets the status, and within the Status Type setup untick the show in my/group ticket view.

Chris