This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Parent/Child Tickets and Custom fields

It appears that there is well documented approaches to link a parent ticket to a child ticket. You also have data that is propagated in the parent ticket to flow down to child tickets. Is there a method to populate the data at the child ticket level and have it appear on the custom fields from the child tickets?

For our new employee hiring process we have a parent ticket with about 15 child tickets that are automatically launched when certain tickets have been closed. We have propagated many custom fields from the parent to the various child tickets. This process appears to work very well. What I can't seem to figure out is how do I get the information that was populated into a Child Ticket to filter back up to the parent ticket. If I have all the custom fields I want to use outlined in the Parent ticket how can I get the child to populate those fields? Does anyone have a method to make this happen?

• I don't believe this is possible; the closest thing would be that when you go look at the parent you can see all the children and quickly open/view them...but I don't know of a way to get the data from custom fields there to roll back up to the parent. :\