This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

O365 Error processing mailbox messages: The remote server returned an error: (401)Unauthorized

Starting at 7am on March 6, we started getting the error "Error processing mailbox messages: The remote server returned an error: (401)Unauthorized" every minute. I get these errors emailed to me so I was aware of them. I can also see them by going to Setup -> Email -> Incoming Mail Accounts -> E-Mail History tab -> check No Messages and click Submit. 

I just ignored these errors at first because incoming emails were still being processed.  However, it just isn't stopping. Now, when I actually login to our email account that processes WHD emails, there are 14 emails sitting in the inbox. They are no longer being processed.  A few will make it through during the day, but not all of them.  This is happening on two instances of WHD. They are on completely different servers from each other and use different email accounts.  I have a ticket open with Solarwinds and they indicate that from looking over my logs, this is a Microsoft issue and suggested I might have to contact Microsoft.  But I can't be the only Solarwinds client using O365 having this issue. So, is anyone else having this issue?

Our incoming account is set to use account type Exchange/Office 365. I've tried changing it to IMAP and the Solarwinds tech tried changing it to POP3, but neither will work.