Today, my free trial of the SolarWinds Web Help Desk expired - one day too short. I also got my License from my vendor, today. So, I went in to try and update the license on the web page and it's informing me that all accounts have been deactivated.
I remembered that when the free trial expired that the local administrator account was going to be the only one that functioned. So, I went to enter its credentials and it's locked out as well.
A quick glance on Thwack and I found a reference to this link: SolarWinds Knowledge Base :: Re-Activating the default admin account
I completed it, as written. My SQL Server notified me that the query was executed successfully, but the web site still reflects it as being deactivated.
I then manually edited the columns and saved the row - again, SQL reported it as successful.
When I refreshed the SQL Management Studio query of the row, the Inactive column had been returned to "1" (or True).
Any help getting access in order to License my product would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, in advance.
Solved! Go to Solution.
In case anyone else runs into this problem, this is what it took to resolve:
- Shutdown the Web Help Desk service
- Launch SQL Management Studio
- Modify the local admin account IAW http://knowledgebase.solarwinds.com/kb/questions/4600/Re-Activating+the+default+admin+account
- Set the WHD_License_Key to NULL under dbo.Preference
- Copy and Paste the new license key from the web site
- Start the Web Help Desk service
- This caused an Invalid License Key page to be displayed when the service was launched on the localhost (remote connects got a maintenance notice)
- Copy and Paste the new license key into the text box and hit Save
SolarWinds solutions are rooted in our deep connection to our user base in the THWACK® online community. More than 150,000 members are here to solve problems, share technology and best practices, and directly contribute to our product development process. Learn more today by joining now.