cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Highlighted

Is Web Help Desk OK with just one window?

In this thread about wanting multiple windows in Web Help Desk, I lament that it's one window per browser.

Let's ask the converse:  Web Help Desk users - how is it with only being able to open one window at a time - does that work for you?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Is Web Help Desk OK with just one window?

It does not work well.  You cannot look up previous tickets effectively, work multiple issues concurrently, or even search previous solutions. 

Level 10

It works quite well if you like it yelling at you when you go to save a ticket because you opened another window

I've mostly gotten used to it, but it is anything but ideal.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11

Shortly after implementation we started running WHD as an "application" in Chrome - basically so it runs in it's own window with no address bar etc and runs from a separate shortcut- which helps I think to get out of the mindset of it running in a browser.

Anything that would normally open in a new tab or downloads open in your browser but you tend to switch back to the main application window to what you are working on. Seems to work for us but will admit it's a workaround to a limitation, not a solution!