cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post

How to create a report that shows which request type a Lead Technician is assigned to

I'm trying to create a report that would show what request type a Lead Technician is assigned to. This would be beneficial when people leave the company and are assigned to a request type that's buried in the request types tree.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Level 11

dawilsonvette

I don't see how you can run an actual report to get this data, but two ways I see how you can get this information are to:

1. Go to Setup > Techs > Tech Groups (here you will see the group name, techs assigned, and request types supported).
  2. Run something like this SQL on the database (it should show you similar information):
    select b.name as TechGroup, g.user_name as Manager, e.user_name as Tech, c.level_number as Level, a.problem_type_name as RequestType, f.problem_type_name as ParentRequestType
    from problem_type a
    inner join tech_group b on a.group_id = b.id
    inner join tech_group_level c on b.id = c.tech_group_id
    inner join tech_group_level_tech d on c.id = d.tech_group_level_id
    inner join tech e on d.tech_id = e.client_id
    left join problem_type f on a.parent_id = f.problem_type_id
    inner join tech g on g.client_id = b.manager_id
    where a.deleted = 0
    order by 3,5,4

Hope this helps you out!

-Shane

Loop1

Thanks Shane, I'll see if the SQL team can run this for me. I don't have access to the server.

Level 11

dawilsonvette also if you add the JVM argument "-WHDENableSQLTool=true" to the JAVA_OPTS section of the whd.conf file as mentioned here in the admin guide (JVM arguments - SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. Help and Support)

pastedImage_3.png

You can go to http://YOURHELPDESKIPADDR/helpdesk/WebObjects/Helpdesk.woa/wa/DBActions/sqlTool, login as admin

pastedImage_1.png

and you have a sql query tool at your fingertips.

pastedImage_2.png

-Shane

Loop1

0 Kudos