Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 8

How To Customize GUI (Language) WHD

Jump to solution

hi,

i want to change GUI language with Arabic can any body help me to create CustomLabels_ar.properties file. i read following knowledge base but still not succeed.

SolarWinds Knowledge Base :: How To Customize The Web Help Desk GUI (Language And Labels)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Hi Qureshi,

What is the system locale on the workstation you are using to access WHD?

View solution in original post

19 Replies
Level 8

Any update ?

0 Kudos

Hi Qureshi,

What is the system locale on the workstation you are using to access WHD?

View solution in original post

Hi Tony,

Currently i am testing it on my own laptop and accessing WHD from same laptop. shld i use to access whd from different laptop or machine with arabic lang ?

0 Kudos

Hi Qureshi,

Yes you will need to access WHD from an Arabic system as WHD will detect required language, and thus CustomLabels_ar.properties file to use.

-Tony

0 Kudos

Hi Tony,

Thank you for your kind support it will work fine. once again thank you for support.

Best regards,

Qureshi

Salam

As you have change your WHD language from English to Arabic, I also want to know what is the full process for it. I have to install WHD for a client and their requirement is that ticketing system will be in Arabic so that users can easily send their tickets in their native language  I have read this post but can't understand it so kindly explain it for me.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Salam baqir

At which part of the process are you having the challenge?

Thanks.

Tony

0 Kudos

Thanks tony for your reply

First thing I am not aware of basic requirements for changing language to arabic.

Second thing I don't know that  what to change in CustemLabels_ar.properties file and what to not.

Third As I read one of your messages and change a label

From

login.msg.enterEmail = Please enter an e-mail address.

To

login.msg.enterEmail = \u0627\u062f\u062e\u0644 \u0639\u0646\u0648\u0627\u0646 \u0627\u0644\u0628\u0631\u064a\u062f \u0627\u0644\u0625\u0644\u0643\u062a\u0631\u0648\u0646\u064a

I am not able to save it when I want to save it, it says access denied

So I am new with WHD and also not know the programming so explain the procedure in simple words so I can follow and able to change the language.

Thank you tony

0 Kudos

1. The custom labels files are used to change the language based on the browser language detected so changing the custom labels file alone is only 1 part of the process.

2. The custom labels file only supports UNICODE characters, As arabic contains NON UNICODE characters we need to use ESCAPED UNIDCODE

which is why it  looks like this

login.msg.enterEmail = \u0627\u062f\u062e\u0644 \u0639\u0646\u0648\u0627\u0646 \u0627\u0644\u0628\u0631\u064a\u062f \u0627\u0644\u0625\u0644\u0643\u062a\u0631\u0648\u0646\u064a

Instead of this

login.msg.enterEmail = ادخل عنوان البريد الإلكتروني

You can play around with the conversion examples here Decode or Encode Unicode Text  - Online Toolz

In choosing what to change in the file I cannot really suggest a best solution here as it varies.

"Access Denied" means you are probably not logged on as an administrator. Try saving the file to a different location and then copying it to the correct directory.

abdulraheemsidz​ - Have you guys done any WHD translation work?

Here is one file which has translated Arabic labels, not all are converted but still useful to have basic Arabic GUI and you can start over from this file.

salam Abdul raheem

The file you share here i want to use it but its not showing any effect in GUI. I noted one thing that in the file Arabic is written and not decoded. Do you have any file with ESCAPED UNIDCODE .

0 Kudos

Its easy to convert that file to escaped unicode, follow below steps.

1. Rename the earlier sent file to CustomLabels_ar.properties.orig

2. Copy that file to <webhelpdesk>\bin folder

3. Run the native2ascii tool as mentioned in the guide for converting it to Escaped Unicode.

How to run native2ascii ?

Open cmd and navigate to your installation directory of webhelpdesk and till "bin" folder

native2ascii -encoding "<encoding_name>" [input_file] [output_file]

Eg: native2ascii -encoding "UTF-8"  CustomLabels_ar.properties.orig  CustomLabels_ar.properties

4. Finally copy the newly generated file "CustomLabels_ar.properties" to \conf\labels folder and restart WHD service.

Thanks Tony for reply

So its mean only what I will change  in label file it will show in Arabic ?

0 Kudos

Yes that is correct, the file need to be called CustomLables_ar.properties so that browsers with AR set as language will use that file. Then the changes you make in there will be seen.

https://support.solarwinds.com/Success_Center/Web_Help_Desk_(WHD)/Customize_the_Web_Help_Desk_GUI_language_and_labels

Thanks Tony for your time.

0 Kudos

Hi Tony,

Let me try and update you.

0 Kudos
Product Manager
Product Manager

Hi Quershi,

Please try the following:

1. Copy the existing Label.properties file and rename to CustomLabels_ar.properties - this step is very important - Do not use the existing file you have created, delete it necessary.

2. Edit the new CustomLabels_ar.properties and go to line 159 and change it

From

login.msg.enterEmail = Please enter an e-mail address.

To

You will need to repeat the process for each label you want to change

Next - How do we change the Arabic characters to escape Unicode??

To convert Arabic, Non ASCII characters I have used the following website

Online Unicode(UTF-8) to ASCII(Unicode Escaped) converter tool

The end result will look like this.

whd.png

Note: You may need to restart WHD using the STOP WHD and Start WHD commands.

Lets us know how that goes for you.

-Tony

Thank you for your kind reply.

i tried to edit following two labels. first i copy  Label.properties and paste and rename with CustomLabels_ar.properties. after that i edit following two labels in CustomLabels_ar.properties and stop the WHD with WHD stop and start it again but still nothing change on client page on request and history button.

lbl.subject = \u0645\u0648\u0636\u0648\u0639

i also change

btn.request = \u0633\u062C\u0644

btn.request = \u0637\u0644\u0628 \u062E\u062F\u0645\u0629

is there any other change i have made to do this successful GUI language.

0 Kudos
Level 15

What does it mean you do not succeed? Can you please be more specific on what you did, what happened and how it is different to what you expect?