This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Free version

I have been using the 1 Tech free version for about 6 months. I really like the software. It appears that the Asset Tracking is not available with the free version, correct? Also tried to create a login at the portal and since I do not have a SWID I am unable to do so, correct? I am a 1 Tech IT dept for 180 + computers, 15 servers and 13 locations. I am almost exclusively using it for Help Desk tickets. Another question would be am I or can I be using this software more than I am.

• This infographic highlights the differences between the free tool and the paid version. You are correct that Asset Tracking is not available in the free version.

The paid version certainly has more features and functions. It's really a question of whether or not you need or can use those features and functions in your environment. An example; asset discovery could be useful. However, the native function is limited and you will likely need to rely on a third-party tool which you may not have.

For the Customer Portal, you have to be a customer with a Customer ID to register.

HTH