This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

FAQ categories not being displayed

Is anyone or has anyone had issues with FAQ categories not being available in the drop-down for the Client, even though you have checked the box for Use as FAQ Category on the request type editor? Several weeks ago I noticed that if you UNCHECKED the box, the request type would show up as an option, but now it's completely random and doesn't matter if the box is checked or not. 

I contacted technical support and they either didn't seem to understand what the issue was or weren't sure how to handle it.

Any information is greatly appreciated!

• I am not aware of an issue, but that doesn't mean one isn't there.  One idea would be to upgrade to the 12.7.1 RC, which should be in the customer portal as we made some updates and enhancements to FAQ's in that release.

• Hi bryang​,

Could you provide the following details:

• Some screenshots of the issue you have
    • What version of Web Help Desk are you on?
    • What type of database are you using?
    • Is the database on the same server as the help desk?

I suspect this is an issue with your instance of WHD rather than overall.

-Midnight

• We are upgrading to 12.7.1 tomorrow morning, so I'll have to see if that fixes the issue. 

Otherwise, we are on 12.6 using MySQL database hosted on the same server as SolarWinds Web HelpDesk.

• Bryan, did the update to 12.7 fix your issue with FAQ's?  I am having an issue with my FAQ not showing up in the Ticket Request.  The FAQ should show up to the right of the Client Request and I am not able to make it work even after referencing the other ticket I have set up that way.  Thoughts?

• Yes, the update to 12.7.1 has resolved my issue! 

I'll have to do some testing, but I do recall there being issues similar to what you're describing.  I'll let you know what I find out.