This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

End User Timeout

First off, I just did the update from 11.2.0 to 11.2.1 and I've already noticed a huge improvement in system response.  I'm hoping that the memory leak fix will resolve my system's sudden slow during the day.

Now, to the topic of my discussion.  It doesn't happen very often, but I have had some users over the past few months, including one yesterday before my upgrade and one today after the upgrade, who have reported that they'll get a system timeout before they can even complete the user account creation form.  I've check the system settings and I can only change the timeout for existing users and tech accounts.  Is there any way of increasing the timeout for the account creation form?  Am I the only one with this issue?

• I guess that this confirms that the forums are not the way to go when asking questions.  I spoke too soon about the improvement to our system's speed.  It does respond faster, when working, but still has some major slow downs where it eats up more than 75% of the system memory.

• Im not sure about your timeout issue might be best to contact support in 11.0.8 there was a fix for an issue descibed as User gets logged off after login.Perhaps you are hitting a regression of this fix?

As for the prefromce I am failry convinced that 11.2.1 does make some good headway in terms of performance after the system has been up for a while. There were a couple of fairly major memory leaks that were resolved. The version of Java used to manage the instance is faily old 1.6.0_U12 In January it was alluded to that the team is looking to upgrade the integrated version of Java to newer build which may also help. Here is the link to that post from the old forums (Help Desk Software Forums by Web Help Desk - Java security).

• It just happened again.  End user fills in the new account creation form and gets a session timeout error when they submit the form.

I am finding that I need not reset the application every day, so that is definitely an improvement.  However, we do still get some random slow downs throughout the day.

• For the timeout issue you are probably best to contact support.

For the memory issue how much memory does the box or vm have. Also have you changed the java memory max setting the in the config file? If you have spare ram in the box try uppiing the max memory espically if you have a larger deployment.

The amount of memory currently used by the Web Help Desk and the total amount of memory available, as reported by the Java Virtual Machine.

To change the amount of available memory, set the MINIMUM_MEMORY and MAXIMUM_MEMORY settings in WebHelpDesk/conf/whd.conf