This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Email Tech Group Members on Ticket Reassignment Only

Good morning,

I have been through some previous questions and answers and I am not sure I have gained the answer I need.  I have tried a few of the solutions,but again, the results did not match the requirement.

Background:

Our 1st Line team will reasign tickets to other teams (2nd, 3rd Line, Applications etc.).

They will not select a specific Tech, just assign to a request type that has that Tech Group associated with it.

Requirement:

When the Ticket is reassigned, we would like an email to go to all members of that Tech Group to inform them a new ticket has been assigned to that group and to pick it up and work on it.

I havent found a way to do this as of yet and need help.

The closest I found was under Techs > Tech Groups > Tech Level Groups.  I tried the Force Email Notification options, but this seemed to email on every ticket update, as opposed to just on (re)assignment to the group.

Is there a way that the group can be emailed when a ticket is assigned to that group?

Thanks in advance.

• Hi markhogb​,

You can achieve this by using an Action Rule that looks for when a ticket is assigned a specific request type and the status isn't one of a closed nature.

From there you can then set the rule to auto-assign the request and/or email the tech group with specific details that you set in the email alert.

You can force this rule to run every time an update occurs, or when the ticket changes in some way.

-Midnight