This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Email Reply to Clients Outside Domain

Hi all. I thought this was a checkbox somewhere but I can't find it. I want to send a reply to people outside our domain when they create a ticket by email. So, joeschmo@gmail.com sends an email that creates a ticket, he should get a confirmation that the ticket was created. How do I set this up?

Taking it one step further, I do not want him to get ANY updates on the ticket until it's resolved. Is this possible as well?

Thanks

• Check the email templates for ticket creation email messages, would need align a message to a Request Type which your email come into.

For the last part, ensure that you have a Request Type which doesn't have client communication set a default, then when the ticket is complete set status to something like "Complete - Email Client", use an Action rule to pickup this status change, to re-enable Client communication for that ticket, then advice to Complete which will send a is the ticket complete email to the client. You could also do this for Closed status, depending if you want your clients to re-open tickets.

• Yes. What you requested is possible in Web Help Desk.

First, configure E-Mail Options (Setup > E-Mail > Options). 

E-Mail Options
    Add gmail.com to the Accepted Domains field.

Second, configure Ticket Options (Setup > Tickets > Options).

Ticket Options
    Change the Auto-Reply to Client field to Ticket Creation Only.

Note: This is a global change and will impact all users.

For a solution, specific to a group of outside customers, setup up the Companies module and repeat the above steps at that level.

Regards,

Isaiah Carriere
    SolarWinds Consultant
    Adeptec - SolarWinds Authorized Partner