This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Disable Client side notifications for specific user/email address

One of the emails we receive tickets from in our help desk is another help desk.  We are looking for a way to disable the client side notifications of "New Open Ticket" or "Ticket has been closed" etc.. just for them, while keeping it alive for everything else.  I tried creating a separate tech group, with a separate email address and unchecking the Request Type from the "Open" email template, but they still seem to send.  I'm not sure if there is a round about way of doing this, but I am open to any suggestions on this one!  Pretty new to the Web Help Desk system right now.

• there is a setting in each Client record that can disable email for them.  one sec...   yep here it is:

Block WHD E-Mail to Client
    If checked, e-mail intended for this Client will be blocked, regardless of the e-mail settings on Tickets that might be assigned to that Client, etc.

Hmmm.. but if you want to turn it off just for certain *actions* for that client and not for all mail to that client.... i'm not sure that that is possible.     perhaps in that case you could set up a server side rule on your mailbox to drop mails for that email account with particular subjects?

• I'd rather it not respond at all, than keep opening close tickets so this will be perfect. 

Thank you!