cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9

Deleted Assets Come Back

I have several assets that have been recycled. I have deleted them from WHD but they keep coming back when discovery runs. I don't understand why if the machines don't exist on my network anymore.

I have when assets are removed set to no action because we have lots of laptops and don't want them getting removed if they're offline when the sync happens. Is this wrong?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Deleted Assets Come Back

I would recommend checking the asset to confirm that it is in fact linked to the discovery connection you are mentioning.

I presume you are using the WHD Discovery Engine (WMI) as the tool, is this correct?

0 Kudos
Level 9

Yes, using the WHD engine. What do you mean by linked?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

If the asset has been discovered via the asset discovery you're questioning, then it will say this within the Asset Info whether it was discovered or manually created, etc...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Yes, it was created by the discovery connection. Looking at the asset history, I have deleted it 4 times now.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Can you provide a screenshot of the configuration you have in place for the Discovery Connection?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

I have the same problem.  Delete asset, run discovery, it comes back.  Asset no longer exists and is not in AD.  I have when assets are removed set to delete.  How does this happen and how can I fix it?

0 Kudos