This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Default Column Set Web Helpdesk

Is there a way to set the default columns in the tickets for all techs? We wants certain columns to be up by default for all tech's when they login

• Apart from a custom development/database change, the Default Column Set is not configurable. Each Tech will need to create their own custom Column Sets.

Column Set

Tickets > My Tickets > Column Set

Set of columns to display. Use the pencil icon to edit or delete the currently selected set. Use the plus icon to add a new column set.

Regards,

Isaiah Carriere

Web Help Desk Consultant
    Adeptec: SolarWinds Training and Professional Services

LinkedIN: Adeptec

○ Facebook: Adeptec

○ Twitter: @Adeptec

• I was hoping to be able to change it for all techs, maybe in a future release

• You can help by voting up the feature request on Thwack:

The request has been around for a few years, but every vote helps.

Regards,

Isaiah Carriere

Web Help Desk Consultant
    Adeptec: SolarWinds Training and Professional Services

LinkedIN: Adeptec

○ Facebook: Adeptec

○ Twitter: @Adeptec

• Where can we change this in the database??  We're looking to change the view/set to show OLDEST tickets first by default.

• How can this be done in the database.  A request that has been open for 6 1/2 years and still not even implemented makes no sense.  You would think that at the Admin Level you should be able to set that or even better yet setup some default views that you can "Share" with other techs (similar to what you can do with Advanced Search Queries for assets.

So for any of those people still trying to figure out how to do this I am updating this to show what I was able to find.  Keep in mind I have NOT tried to actually change the "default" named column sets I was able to duplicate my custom created view and then force that view to other techs.

I am currently using the trial version 12.6 with the embedded PostGres DB on a Windows Server machine.
    *** Before changing anything here I would highly suggest you backup your database first. ***

1. Follow steps 1-7 to get the initial db access setup: Change the Web Help Desk Ticket Numbering
    2. Expand the Schemas > Public > Tables
    3. The Table that holds this information is called "column_set"
    4. Right click the table and select View Data > Show top 100 Rows (this will open the table and show you all the column sets that are stored for the different views (as seen in the screenshot below)).
      pastedImage_9.png
    5. Before changing anything here I would highly suggest you backup your database first.
    6. What I then did was take the information in row 4 and created a new row (row 7) duplicating this information for each field.  Keep in mind that the id [PK] integer field needs to be a unique number.  Usually it should be the same number as the row number you are working on.  The tech_id integer field would need to match up with the actual Tech ID that you are trying to duplicate the column set view for.

This seemed to work for me and at that point you can just have the techs select that new view from the drop down if it doesn't change the next time they login.

Hope this helps others.  As I said I haven't tried to change the "Default" rows, but this would be the place to do it.