This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Deactivated accounts?

I have one user that gets https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/Home/Home?partnerid=20101&siteid=5031#jobDetails=3351508_5031marked as deactivated for no reason I can discern. It's a client, so there's no account to manage, login is through LDAP.

What I really find strange is that this is (at least) the second time it's happened, and it's only this one user. Looking at her ticket history, all her tickets from yesterday and earlier, shows up as being under the deactivated account, but the tickets she put in this morning are under the same account, but it's not marked as deactivated. She has had no problems logging in, no error messages or notifications, and all other systems seem to be fine. Any ideas?

• How do you have your LDAP connections setup?

I've had this problem before when a user moves OUs, and the connection is set to Deactivate clients when they are not found. When you same client is found in a new connection, it doesn't automatically reactivate them.

• I just wanted to add to this for anyone that had a similar issue like me, we had two users this happened to and we have it the same way (set up with LDAP).

One user was in the wrong OU (turns out they were actually in the 'Disabled' OU) and had to be moved.

The other was unlocked by going to the Clients tab at the top in Web help desk, check the Search LDAP checkbox to the bottom left of the search and search for the client/user that this issue is effecting and it will let you make changes to their account there.

Hope this helps.