This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Customise Email Subjects in WHD

Hi Folks,

Would like to see if we are able to add parameters extract from tickets custom fields to email subject and ticket info.

I have tried to change <var1> in CustomLabels.properties but seems unable to do so.

Thank you in advance for the support.

Thanks and regards,

Calvin

• Hi calvincheng​,

It depends which email functionality you're pulling through... If you're doing it via an Action Rule then it's entirely possible to add custom field information to the email subject, however it's not entirely possible to pull it into the ticket info...

By default the custom fields you can add are given an ID which you can locate within the ticket custom field area. Once you know the ID that you want, simply use the <custom_n> command (replace n with the ID number) and it should put the custom field details of the ticket in the email.

-Midnight

• Hi Midnight,

I did tried to update email subject by changing <var1> to <custom_x> with custom ID number in CustomLabels.propeties but it didn't reflect in the email subject.

The email subject should reflect "Ticket abc Open" but now shown as "Ticket <custom_x> Open" instead.

Reason being that I would like to remove the actual Ticket number generate by WHD.

Secondly, is it possible to remove the ticket number generate from WHD in Ticket Details?

Thanks and regards,

Calvin

• Hi calvincheng​,

You don't replace the custom ID number in the custom labels, you use this ID directly in any templates you are using.

The custom labels will not remove the ticket number from the email, this is used to rename sections, not change the way a feature works.

To remove the ticket number from the email template would require editing numerous parts and would revert back every time you do an update... For what reason are you wanting to remove the ticket number?

-Midnight

• Hi Midnight,

The main objective is that we have different ticket custom field tagging to different tech groups.

Whenever we create new tickets, it will indicate WHD ticket number like "Ticket 198 Open" and we do not want to show this in the email to external customers and internal functions.

Lets say for external customers will be "Ticket IP123 Open" and internal will be "Ticket INT345 Open".

Thanks and regards,

Calvin

• Hi calvincheng​,

This would require quite a bit of custom reconfiguration to get working as expected, I wouldn't recommend doing it, however nonetheless it is possible to do.

Due to the amount of changes required and the decent probability of breaking something if a mistake is made, I'll have to leave this to your own tinkering.

-Midnight