This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Client can't create ticket via email template

I currently have WHD set to not allow clients to submit new tickets via email; only via the WebUI.  When clients try to submit new tickets via email they receive a response from WHD.  I would like to edit that response email to direct them to the WebUI but I can't find that email in the Email Templates section; am I missing something obvious?

Please let me know where I can modify that system response; thanks!

• a few things like that can be changed by modifying a lables.properties file - but i'm not sure if that is one of them.    do you happen to know any of the text that is thrown back to them in that email message?

• The information I receive in the response message is as follows:

Subject: ERROR: Your support request could not be processed

Body: E-mail tickets are currently disabled for your account.

I certainly hope this can be changed as it's vital to moving to the new system were we will no longer be allowing tickets be created by email, in the response message we want to direct clients to the portal to create the ticket.

Thanks for your help on this!

• There is not a normal way (that i'm aware of) to change that message.

That being said, on my environment i went to a command prompt and changed to the WebHelpDesk directory and ran this command:

findstr /S /I /C:"currently disabled for your account" *.*

That showed me the file that contained that particular text string.    Now, what will happen if you were to find that file and alter the message?  I can't say  emoticons_happy.png  since i have no idea if there would be limitations on the number of characters you could put there or any other limitations.   I'd assume it would work, but i wouldn't count on your change being preserved if you later update WHD to a different version.   Also, if you do it be sure to make a backup of that file and be aware that such a change (and breakages that might result) would not likely to be supported by post-sales support.

• Awesome, thanks kellytice​!  I will give it a try as soon as I can and let you know how it works out.  Seems ultimately that should just be an email template in the WebUI since it makes sense that this is something one may want to change like I do.  I will put in a feature request for that.

• Well, unfortunately the only thing that found was a few log files.  I will open a ticket with support to see if they can help and if not escalate the ticket up the chain.  There has to be someplace where that text exists and can hopefully be modified.  I am just really surprised that wasn't one of the templates in the WebUI.

• I also went ahead and put a Feature Request for this HERE.

• It would appear that this uses the Email Template that does exist and is editable via the WebUI, it's the "Disabled Account Reply" template.  The name is somewhat misleading as this also applies to the case when creation of tickets is disabled.

• interesting! wasn't aware that also applied for this use.  thanks!

• Yeah, neither did I; it's about as clear as mud.  LOL