This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Changing the IP address on WebHelp Desk appliance

• How do you change the IP address of The WebHelpDesk VMware appliance?  I do not see the option on the admin console.
  • can I change it from the root account in the command line?
  • What is the root password?
  • I would love to know this as well.  The documentation is way out of date and the instructions on the console (VMWare image) to change the IP address doesn't work.

I'm trialling this software right now hoping to purchase by end of year - bad documentation and trial software that doesn't work... not a good start.

Earlier today I downloaded the "Linux image" which is a great RPM installer except after it starts up you get 404 not Found.

Does anyone actually test these downloads?  Sorry but I generally am happy with SW software - this particular experience has me wondering though.....

Paul

• I found a fix - either I missed something or it's not clear...

Via my VMWare console I logged in using admin/admin and was presented with a prompt.  From there I had originally tried:

/opt/vmware/share/vami/vami_config_net

This is what I was pretty sure the console said.  The problem is that you don't have any "root" access to actually make those changes.

Change that to: sudo /opt/vmware/share/vami/vami_config_net

problem solved! emoticons_happy.png

Paul