This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

CPU Utilization frequently at 100%

We've been running WHD for several years now, and have noticed that the SQLSERVR.exe process is very frequently running at 100% and the CPU is maxed out. Frequently WHD takes more than 10 seconds to load pages. Is anyone else experiencing this?

• I just went through a period of slow performance and found that the JVM memory was maxed so I increased it and its much better.

• We’ve got ours currently at 4GB. I can see about bumping it up, maybe that’s the fix?

- Patrick Simpson

• What is your JVM utilization?  Setup\General\System Information

• 293.71 MB used / 455 MB total (65%)

• Thats not bad but I'd watch it for a few minutes to make sure it isn't spiking.  Mine was creeping up over the course of about 3 or 4 minutes to about 99% and then fall back and start the process over.  SW support sent me the following for setting your JVM memory properly:

1. Stop Web Help Desk.
    2. Open the WHD installation directory.

Mac OS:
    Library\WebHelpDesk\conf

Windows:
    C:\Program Files\WebHelpDesk\conf

Linux:
    /usr/local/WebHelpDesk/conf

3. Open the whd.conf file in a text-editing program such as Notepad.

4. Edit the MAXIMUM_MEMORY configuration setting.

To configure an appropriate amount of memory for your deployment, use the following formula:

[(Average # of Concurrent Techs x 150)] + [(Average # of Concurrent Users x 25)] =
    1650 + 512
    Using the example of 10 concurrent techs and 50 concurrent clients, the MAXIMUM_MEMORY setting should be:

[(10 x 150)1500] + [(50 x 25)1250] = 2750 or 2.75GB

5. Start Web Help Desk.