cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Auto-assign to opening tech

We currently use tech groups on all of our request types, but there a handful of techs that have mentioned it would be nice if they could have the ticket auto-assign to them as they are opening the ticket. When I opened a case with support they said the way to do this is to have no tech group assigned to the request type, but we need them for a reporting piece we do. With the number of techs we have an action rule for everyone wouldn't be practical. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Auto-assign to opening tech

If a technician is creating the ticket themselves then they should have an option to assign it to them instead of the help desk.

If it's being submitted by a client, then the Supports suggested way is the most practical approach unless you were to implement an Action Rule per technician.

Highlighted
Level 8

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.  They do have the option to assign to themselves, but they liked it better when the ticket auto-assigned to them.  I think that only occurred on an request type with no tech group.  I feel like I'm still missing a piece of the puzzle.  I appreciate your help for sure!

0 Kudos

So you are looking to auto-assign tickets that are created by the technician, is that correct?

This would only be an issue when a Request Type doesn't have a Tech Group as there isn't a pool of technicians that are auto-assigned to tickets that aren't in a Tech Group.

If you need auto-assignment on tickets without a Tech Group then an Action Rule is the best way forward.

Highlighted
Level 8

Thanks for your help with this!  Much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

No problem at all.

0 Kudos