cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 10

Re: Are you using other Asset Management / Inventory solutions with WHD?

Are you strictly using WMI to discover all assets, or are you also using the import feature with WHD's template?  If so, any issues with it?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

We don't use the import feature, only the WMI connection in addition to manual entries. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

We are using Bigfix for all active Computers & integrated it with WHD so that we have both active devices inventory & store inventory together.

WHD providers the cost of the total hardware inventory we still have the missing data the software inventory, to be figured out. We may opt for SUA addon from Bigfix.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

SCCM with discovery in WHD.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

1.  We use Spiceworks for asset management.

2.  Yeah I choose this a few years ago when the IT budget was low, but we built it out with daily scheduled scans and everything so it just contains a lot of information so we keep using it.

3.  It would be nice if WHD asset scanning would work in our environment.  We would like to simply attach assets to tickets and vice versa.  However every time we try to setup these scans, WHD ALWAYS and I mean ALWAYS locks out the AD account, even if we meticulously copy and paste or type the accounts credentials one character at a time. Our logs indicate the account is always locked out immediately from some machine called JCIFS something or another.  Account lockout policy is 4 attempts but we kick of a scan and are immediately alerted to the account being locked out in an email message from our SolarWinds LEM system.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I am trying to link Lansweeper to WHD for asset reporting etc. Anyone of you who use both products WHD and Lansweeper can you give me some assistance on how you go about linking the two so they can interact with each other.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

1. What other products you are using besides WHD for asset management?

Nothing else, just like the way WHD handles it all just wished for a few more features like bar coding but it all I need or ever wanted

1. Were you the one who chose and purchased those other tools?
  2. Are there problems you would like WHD to solve rather than these other tools?

The reports for some reason they dont run correctly at all, wish i could easy create custom reports also.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

1. What other products you are using besides WHD for asset management? None - We may trial LANSweeper, but are a small shop, and it may be to pricy for our budget.
  2. Were you the one who chose and purchased those other tools? N/A
  3. Are there problems you would like WHD to solve rather than these other tools?

Here's the thing. We were using BMI Track-IT, and the only thing it did well was purchasing/Inventory integration. The asset discovery was OK, and in my short experience with WHD, Track-IT did this better, because it did not create duplicates or overwrite fields we had set to be static or manual entry.

These are the features missing or broken in WHD. It needs to integrate with Purchasing (which also needs a bit of an overhaul), and the discovery and import of assets needs to be fixed so it does not overwrite data the user wants to remain static... I think the primary key is set to (or at least includes) the IP address, and when that changes, the system thinks that there is a new asset, and it overwrites everything in that asset. I think the primary key should be the serial number. That is how Track-IT was set up.

0 Kudos
Level 10

Unfortunately, we are not using asset management with WHD.  Currently, we use an outdated system called Wise Track.  We had to write our own scripting just to have it sync with AD.  Maybe Santa will bring us a decent asset management this year!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

We use Lansweeper.  Can't say enough good things about it.  Very robust but easy to use and configure.

0 Kudos