cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ritecithelp
Level 10

Re: Are you using other Asset Management / Inventory solutions with WHD?

As far as what exactly?

Lansweeper integrates with WHD is two ways: through the discovery connection and the asset options. And that creates for us some pretty decent asset management,

unless your talking about reporting.

0 Kudos

I was talking about reporting.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
nathanseaton
Level 9

1. What other products you are using besides WHD for asset management?
    1. Meraki, ARD, PDQ inventory, custom-built solution
  2. Were you the one who chose and purchased those other tools?
    1. No
  3. Are there problems you would like WHD to solve rather than these other tools?
    1. Better Mac OS support. Hijacking ARD just isn't cutting it.
mmickey
Level 9

Have you found a way to access WJA from WHD?

0 Kudos
mmickey
Level 9

1. We use SCCM 2012, Absolute Manage (and MDM), and HP Web Jetadmin 10.3

2. I did not directly purchase, but was a part of the group that chose these. WJA I did choose and Purchase (no cost)

3. I think as far as discovery, let the other companies take care of that, as we use these other solutions for other things already, and they do discovery very well. That being said, a little more options in the discovery connections attribute mappings might be nice. There are a lot of fields that I can't easily access that would make our lives a lot easier.

typhoon87
Level 14

I actually tried and had our DB guy setup a view to pull from but I never quite got the fields right. I did a feature request but it did not gain a lot of traction. I really wanted it so we do not waste double time typing in asset data that is already in another system.

0 Kudos
mmickey
Level 9

I hear you. When we originally set up the help desk, we exported all the printers from Web Jetadmin, and rearranged it into the asset import spreadsheet. It would be nice to have this as a preset option though.

garciann
Level 10

I'm surprised in the discussion (unless I missed it in this thread) that no one is taking advantage of the native discovery tool within Web Help Desk.  Is it found to be insufficient or the other products you are using are a little better?  What WHD offers with its integrated asset discovery using WMI protocol is much better than what we have now, which is nothing.

typhoon87
Level 14

I think you will find that most places that are using other products that integrate do more than just inventory. For example SCCM can image machines, push out software in very customizable ways, remove software, do NAP, has maintenance windows to control when things happen if necessary.

Even though the license for WHD Asset discovery is "free" in that it comes with the system its redundant and has only a singular feature inventory.

0 Kudos

1. Disco (www.discoict.com.au)
  2. Yes I chose it, and pretty much because it is open source and free!
  3. No. Each platform has its own distinct use cases and I'm happy with that.
0 Kudos