cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ritecithelp
Level 10

Re: Are you using other Asset Management / Inventory solutions with WHD?

I used it before, I wouldn't use it again unless we couldn't afford to use anything else.

0 Kudos
solaradmin
Level 13

Workstations and servers.

it would be more accurate then ConfigMGR, at least in in our environment.

0 Kudos
peter.kruty
Level 15

Can you please elaborate on this? Why you wouldn't use Spiceworks?

0 Kudos
peter.kruty
Level 15

Are you using Spiceworks Eric or something else?

0 Kudos
apap
Level 10

1. We use Lansweeper

2. I evaluated and recommended Lansweeper to be purchased. 

3. We were excited about being able to pull the Lansweeper data into WHD but have found little value to using the asset functionality in WHD.   We still sync WHD with Lansweeper but  Lansweeper has taken over the asset inventory/reporting role.     We have also turned off WMI and the other integreations into WHD such as Solarwinds NPM & SAM.

0 Kudos
ritecithelp
Level 10

Because it's limited in active scanning, reporting and monitoring in comparison with the pay for services.

It's a very good tool for free and if I was in an IT department that couldn't spend money, this would be the first place I'd look to do everything, from asset tracking to help desk tickets.

matt8
Level 10

We evaluated a number of different solutions, but ultimately cost vs performance, Lansweeper seemed to win.  In fact, it has a lot of features that I don't use or consider overkill.

The most important thing for us was tracking network devices and non-connected devices.  The latter is fairly do-able in WHD, but network devices aren't.  I've always felt that the WHD asset portion is just a little "half-baked" when you compare it to other solutions.

The missing thing in the Lansweeper integration is ownership.  You can mark an item as "Owned by" in Lansweeper, but WHD does not track this field.  I was unable to find a way to do this short of having "last user" as the ownership value in WHD.  This works for things like PCs, but any PC that is public (perhaps in a conference room), will bounce around as to who "owns" it in WHD based on who used it last.  For monitors and non-connected equipment, I just lost ownership completely in WHD.  Fix this and I would be very happy!!!!

emoore1
Level 9

I am still using Spiceworks. it does a decent job and it fits my budget at the moment. Few other networking tools from some site that people here seem to like are more priority to spend money on atm

0 Kudos
Highlighted
jfor26
Level 7

Currently we use asset management in WHD but it is lacking, severely.

We looked at spice works but no one on our team really liked it.

We are getting ready to demo LanSweeper.

We also use Lansweeper for our Asset Management.  We found spiceworks was too limiting for a network our size. 

I would love to see some sort of connection between Lansweeper assets and Web Help Desk.

0 Kudos