cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: Are you using other Asset Management / Inventory solutions with WHD?

I am still using Spiceworks. it does a decent job and it fits my budget at the moment. Few other networking tools from some site that people here seem to like are more priority to spend money on atm

0 Kudos
Level 10

1. We use Lansweeper

2. I evaluated and recommended Lansweeper to be purchased. 

3. We were excited about being able to pull the Lansweeper data into WHD but have found little value to using the asset functionality in WHD.   We still sync WHD with Lansweeper but  Lansweeper has taken over the asset inventory/reporting role.     We have also turned off WMI and the other integreations into WHD such as Solarwinds NPM & SAM.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Currently we use asset management in WHD but it is lacking, severely.

We looked at spice works but no one on our team really liked it.

We are getting ready to demo LanSweeper.

Highlighted

We also use Lansweeper for our Asset Management.  We found spiceworks was too limiting for a network our size. 

I would love to see some sort of connection between Lansweeper assets and Web Help Desk.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

As far as what exactly?

Lansweeper integrates with WHD is two ways: through the discovery connection and the asset options. And that creates for us some pretty decent asset management,

unless your talking about reporting.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I was talking about reporting.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

1. What other products you are using besides WHD for asset management?
    1. Meraki, ARD, PDQ inventory, custom-built solution
  2. Were you the one who chose and purchased those other tools?
    1. No
  3. Are there problems you would like WHD to solve rather than these other tools?
    1. Better Mac OS support. Hijacking ARD just isn't cutting it.
Highlighted
Level 9

1. We use SCCM 2012, Absolute Manage (and MDM), and HP Web Jetadmin 10.3

2. I did not directly purchase, but was a part of the group that chose these. WJA I did choose and Purchase (no cost)

3. I think as far as discovery, let the other companies take care of that, as we use these other solutions for other things already, and they do discovery very well. That being said, a little more options in the discovery connections attribute mappings might be nice. There are a lot of fields that I can't easily access that would make our lives a lot easier.

Highlighted
Level 10

I'm surprised in the discussion (unless I missed it in this thread) that no one is taking advantage of the native discovery tool within Web Help Desk.  Is it found to be insufficient or the other products you are using are a little better?  What WHD offers with its integrated asset discovery using WMI protocol is much better than what we have now, which is nothing.

Highlighted
Level 14

I think you will find that most places that are using other products that integrate do more than just inventory. For example SCCM can image machines, push out software in very customizable ways, remove software, do NAP, has maintenance windows to control when things happen if necessary.

Even though the license for WHD Asset discovery is "free" in that it comes with the system its redundant and has only a singular feature inventory.

0 Kudos