This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Action Rule Triggering - Evaluate Criteria

What I'm trying to achieve here is the following:

Tickets for departing staff that are logged into WHD and have a future dated departure date go into a pending departure status. Then an action rule to change that status to Open once the departure date (custom field) comes within the next 5 days. The problem I'm having is that the action is only evaluated on ticket updates (all, tech or client) meaning each ticket that needs it's status changed to Open still needs manual intervention.

Does anyone know of a way to make this work so that WHD automatically evaluates all tickets in the Pending Departure status on a daily basis and then changes the status of those now within the designated timeframe without that manual intervention?

Thanks

•  

This would be helpful, only way i can find while trying this now is making a custom status type with alerts. Have the status be hidden from filter so it doesnt show in default queue, client & tech reminders on. Making it a custom time will be difficult and I havent tried yet, so i decided to stick to a number of 90 days for temp accounts and thats what i called my custom status type. The reminders for this status is set to not start until 80 days just before the 90 hits to see if the account needs to be extended or not...

Solarwinds products are lacking, they dont seem to spend time on perfecting their products, rather they just have 100 different products and for every 5 applications they share about 50% of the same features. Wish they had focus...

• This is something that I have requested, there is no back ground process to change ticket information, tickets action rules can only act on when they are save / updated. If there was more focus on time / calendar related events with tickets you could manage work load and timings and change pending on values defined within a ticket.

I suggest you ask Solarwinds for a feature request to try and get it in their development program....